Are your Patients Opening Text Messages from Your Dental Practice?
Two Minute Read
Did you know that over 95 percent of text messages are opened in three minutes or less?
Text messaging for business, including your dental practice, is huge and if you don’t know what this could mean for your dental practice, keep reading.
If you follow the Dentainment Blog, you will know that 95 out of 100 patients who opt for a dental practice text messaging program will open a mobile message, and according to Podium Buzz, will read it as well.
Below are a few more reasons that you should be using text messages for your dental practice.
- According to the New York Times, text messaging could be the only thing in our information-overloaded world that is guaranteed to be read.
- With 91 percent of Americans having their Smartphone or other mobile device within reach 24 hours a day seven days a week, you would be foolish not to be using text messaging for your dental practice. Text messaging for your dental practice is the best way to communicate with your patients.
- Over 20 billion text messages are sent every day, with 97 percent of adults in the US texting weekly. Count how many texts you send and receive a day and you will get the picture.
- 98 percent of business texts are opened and read within three minutes of hitting the send button with a 45 percent response rate.
- When it comes to scheduling and changing appointment times or confirming a dental appointment consumers prefer text messaging. With text messages, you can say goodbye to voicemail and phone tag. Not only does this make life easier for your patients, it makes life easier for your team members as well. Text messaging is also a great way to let your patients know about new services or special offers you may have coming up.
Text messaging for business is the way of the future and can help your dental practice run more efficiently while increasing your dental flow. When you use text messaging for business you will be amazed at how smooth and efficient your dental practice will be. Texting patients instead of relying on never ending phone calls and voice mails is the best way to streamline your dental practice.
If your patients aren’t opening your text messages, call or click and talk to a team member from Dentainment today.